Only when one
has the ability to
achieve balance
can one be
adventuresome.
I cleared out the entire laundry-folding area in the utility room. This area was completely filled with craft materials: rubber stamps, paper, embellishments. I want to simplify this area and let go of some of the materials that I didn't think I would use anymore. So very difficult to do! De-cluttering is such hard work, and brings up such a variety of emotions. All the craft materials represent... potential...an artful life...a visualization of me as an artist. All my artistic aspirations are represented through these materials. Also wonderful memories of acquiring these tools and embellishments with my sister.
This is probably the most difficult clutter--the letting go of things that represent our dreams and aspirations. Not sure, though, that the 'cleared' picture above represents "balance." Although I think I'll get rid of the "Ask a Librarian" poster. Looks like I have some more soul-searching to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment