Monday, June 15, 2009

How Many Pairs of Shoes Do I Need?


OK, as of last Saturday, I had 34 pairs of shoes. This does not include flip-flops. How can I downsize here? Every time it comes to shoes, I have the hardest time letting go. 

Shoes represent-- possibilities. Enhanced outfits, enhanced choices, enhanced versions of myself maybe. 

There are so many versions of myself that I have to maintain: the work me; the vacation me; the dress-up me; the exercising me; the housecleaning me. Then there are various subsets of these: for the work me, I need flats for regular pants; shoes-with-slight-heel for pants that are too long for flats; etc. 

But at my age one thing I do not need is... high heels. I have done that in my youth. Thank gawd that is over. Uncomfortable shoes are just stoopid. So I am giving away 4 pairs of shoes; 2 pairs are being thrown away.

Along with the shoes, I will be donating 14 tops, and some rubber stamps. Feels good! 

Oh, and I discovered a blog today that I like: Simple. Organized. Life. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment