Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do

I felt very good putting 2 boxes of stuff for Goodwill into my car: clothing, necklaces, rubber stamps, and 4 pairs of shoes. 

Then my procrastinator self took over, and the stuff stayed in the back seat of the car, being merrily chauffeured around town while I kept saying, I'll get to the Goodwill... sometime... soon.

And the rest of the story becomes very predictable. I began to have some second thoughts about some things, and went through the boxes, withdrawing one item, and then another. Finally I stopped myself, and gave myself a good talking-to.

Finally the rest of the stuff was dropped off at Goodwill today. 

Lesson learned: once the stuff to be donated is in the car, take it directly to its final destination. Don't let your things start talking to you, tempting you...

No picture today. Too embarrassed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment