Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rubberstamping Madness


The embarassing truth of the matter is I have a lot of crafting materials. I like to scrapbook, rubber stamp, quilt, sew, and many other things. In taking a look at my rubber stamps, I see I have hundreds of them--a real over-abundance of stamps. But I have made many greeting cards for my family, and they have been much appreciated.

I realize now I want to re-focus my crafting activities, with scrapbooking being the number one focus. I'm ready to let some of the other activities go. I also realize how my over-abundance of stamps is a direct result of my stressful full-time work days. As a supervisor, I used to deal with a lot of personnel problems and unrealistic expectations. I used to indulge in buying craft materials as a reward for myself, I guess for actually making it through the week. It was also a symbol of hope/optimism that I would use all these stamps to work on wonderful, artsy projects. These projects would be creatively satisfying as well as a stress reliever. I had every good intention of making these projects, but not a realistic timetable.

Now that I am semi-retired, and have more time for crafting, I realize I still don't want to spend that much time on all of these crafts. I'm going to pack up a lot of these stamps and give them to my sister, who is also a rubber stamper. If she doesn't want to keep them, she told me she will pass them along to her stamper friends, a pay-it-forward to other rubber stampers.


No comments:

Post a Comment